David is hugely passionate about coaching and its power to transform our working lives by enabling insight into who we really are, clarity around what we want and direction to build upon our career success. He has been a professional coach for 18 years and has attributed much of his own development, including recovery from burn-out, to powerful coaching techniques.
Having worked previously in as Director in Media Communications Planning, David has coached many senior leaders in global media companies such as the Evening Standard, Dentsu Aegis & Hearst on a wide range of leadership development challenges, both face to face and remotely. He also brings a wealth of experience working with leaders from other sectors including SMEs.
He is told by clients that he is like having a second brain to help think challenges through. He has a very human style, balancing empathy with challenge to stretch people to achieve their best without burning out. David is very personable and believes that the strength of the relationship and trust / rapport is key to successful coaching. He is also a mindfulness practitioner and uses brain training techniques and NLP to help clients change old patterns and limiting beliefs to create new possibility and behaviour with a growth mindset.
Levels David coaches
- Senior Managers / Heads of
- Senior Leaders
- Exec / Board Level
Areas of focus
- Self-awareness and authentic self-discovery
- Wellbeing, stress management and burnout prevention
- Leadership development & leadership challenges
- Career planning & growth
- Empathic communication
Qualifications and professional memberships
- BCF Diploma in Business Coaching (ILM accredited)
- Member of the Association for Coaching
- Qualified Emergenetics personality profiling coach
- Enneagram Archetypes Coach
- NLP Practitioner
- Coaching the CEO of a creative agency to help them gain self-insight and develop their leadership strengths.
- Working with a Senior Director of a commercial property company; helping them understand who they were as a leader and what they needed to do to develop their gravitas and build their personal brand.
- Coaching the CEO of a global travel organisation as she transitioned into the role. Helping them create a powerful vision for her leadership legacy and the culture.
- Working with senior leaders of a travel company to help them establish better boundaries, ways of working and a healthier work-life balance.
‘What I value most about our sessions is that you make me think differently about things. You allow me time and space to deal with tricky issues that the normal course of my day simply doesn’t allow for. You gently nudge me in a direction which opens up avenues for me. Your calm, human approach is something I really love.’ Tamara, CEO Mr & Mrs Smith Hotels
‘David was a great support and coach throughout an especially difficult time during covid lockdowns as we adapted to a new normal. He always made me feel at ease with reassuring and easy to digest methods to manage both professional and personal situations. We struck up a solid and trustworthy relationship very quickly and I wouldn’t hesitate to recommend him or work with him again.’ Ben, Art Director, Evening Standard