There’s no shortage of coaching qualifications on offer today, so which one should you choose?
If you don’t have the time or money to go down the academic route, then we recommend that you invest in the most widely recognised qualification:
- Internationally, that would be the International Coach Federation’s ACC (Associate Certified Coach) credential – recognised in any coaching community worldwide, supported by a membership community of more than 30,000 and based on a very ethical approach to coaching.
- Within the UK, the ILM qualifications have the strongest brand-name recognition.
Which one’s right for you? It’s a bit of a generalisation, but those who see coaching as a primary function tend to go for ICF (especially if they envisage a freelance future), whereas those in primarily management roles tend to go for ILM. We’ve done a table, here, to help you decide. Or you can give us a call to talk it through.
But why compromise? Do both! Uniquely, we offer a ‘top-up’ option whereby you can do the ICF programme with us and then do the assignments to get the ILM Level 7 qualification without having to do another course.
More and more organisations have developed a level of internal coaching capability.
So more and more of them are having to think about how best to keep their internal coaches up to the mark.
If you’re grappling with this issue too, then we can help.
For a team of ICF-credentialled coaches, for example, we can design and deliver approved training which meets the ICF requirements for ‘Continuing Coach Education’. Sessions can be delivered as classroom-based programmes or as virtual workshops. Here are ‘some we prepared earlier’:
- Coaching for change
- High-performance coaching
- How to create great coaching relationships
- Who am I as a coach?
Other topics could include:
- Alignment with ICF competencies
- Exploring issues
- Working with psychological depth
The choice is yours. Or your team’s – we can have a discussion with them, if you wish, to agree a programme to meet their specific requirements.
For non-credentialled coaches we offer classroom-based sessions on advanced coaching skills and ‘deep dive’ webinars on topics such as:
- Core skills refresher
- Coaching moments
- Quick connections
- The person, not the problem
- Courageous communication
For larger or dispersed teams, we can also create programmes using learning reinforcement apps and social learning platforms. And we can run train-the-trainer sessions.
(We also run advanced sessions on an open basis, as London-based programmes and as webinars. Please check the ‘Events’ menu at the top of the page.)
Every internal coaching team is different. A bespoke solution is always recommended. We’re happy to advise.
Once you’ve got your qualification then, for the ICF at least, you need to maintain it. Or you might just want to keep developing your skills anyway, whether you need formal CPD or not.
Either way, you’ll find our open programmes and webinars invaluable. Please check the ‘Events’ menu at the top of the page.
- Can’t decide which qualification to choose?
- Not sure about CPD requirements?
- Need to organise something for yourself and colleagues?
- Any other questions?
Give us a call on 01582 463461 – we’re here to help!